The scenic spots and historical sites in Guangzhou are numerous. Country, tertiary historic reservation unit of province and city amount to 219. Among them the country lays special stress on protecting 19 units, 41 provincial historic reservation units, 159 historic reservation units at city level. Urban Zhongshan No.4 road area explore Qin Han shipbuilding site and Western Han Dynasty south administration site, palace of Yue State, successively to take, among them is chosen as "the ten archaeological new discoveries in the whole country" twice in the south site of palace administration of Yue State, at present, south administration site, palace of Yue State ,,, the south tomb Wang , south site ,etc. three south Yue State's relics , sluice of Yue State , jointly declare the historical and cultural legacy in world of the United Nations now.
Site of ancient coast in the hillock of seven stars
Lie in the pomegranate hillock of pearl district of sea of Guangzhou. Connecting with a block of spacious sea platforms in front of the large stretch of uncovered red conglomerate of rock department, stone precipice underpart have a succession of half dark wave lose hole, make top form conspicuous volume. It is the ancient coast hit by wave five or six thousands years ago, including marine abrasion precipice, marine abrasion cave and marine abrasion platform, prove that the coast of the South China Sea at here at that time. Large stretch of farmland of hillock green field one of vast sea originally, coast now drawn back about 100 kilometers. This is that a geographer of our country Professor Wu ShangShi found on May 14, 1937 , it was the evidence that the area of Guangzhou had experienced various vicissitudes of life.
Site of shipbuilding workshop in Qin Dynasty
Lie in No. four Zhongshan in Guangzhou. The archaeological studies were explored in 1974. It is the shipbuilding workshop originally, build in glue black soil layer. Piled up and formed the hillside fields very about 300 meters long from east to west since Han Dynasty. Site unearthed to have half two money, half two money , Qin Chinese eaves tile and such things as the pottery ,etc. The earthenware of Western Han Dynasty of the early years and the tile of Qin Han Dynasty. This Site of shipbuilding established in QinShihuang unified the period of south of the Five Ridges, it was discarded during the early years of West Han Dynasty of the Wen and Jing emperor. Enormous scale of the shipbuilding workshop here, the choice of the shipbuilding timber and structure form of the building berth,etc. fully indicate the shipbuilding technology and shipbuilding production capacity in Guangzhou had already reached more high-level more than 2000 years ago.
South site of palace administration of Yue State
It is the key Cultural Relic Protection Unit of State. Lie inGuangzhou city Zhongshan No.4 road, between the street to children's park. Including the south palace administration of Yue State walks, the building of court, ditch, well etc. in Imperial Garden, underground stone, very precious. It is the local-style dwelling houses, compact district of the retail shop around, still in exploring further at present.
Greedy spring tablet
Lie in the western suburb crossdrift of Guangzhou. According to legend all to go down south government official drink spring in crossdrift , get up greedy idea, therefore Guangzhou officer wind greedy and cool. The early years of (402- 404) the Eastern Jin Dynasty, Wuyinzhi is as the officer of Guangzhou province, when he comes to Guangzhou to go to one's post, way crossdrift, drink greedy spring to hold with both hands specially, self-confident to can't change own clean personal integrity, compose verses to call: "Ancient said about this water, suck and cherish a thousand pieces of gold . Even if drink safely together, act as the difficult heart after all". When he work in Gangzhou, lead a thrifty and simple life, take boat north return when the work is over, There is none assets in bag. His wife Mrs Liu carry on 0.5 agalloch eaglewood in the traveling bag. after the latent discovery Wu, order to put it into water. Transposed the tablet corridor of museum of Guangzhou in 1963.
Emperor of Yue's well
Lie in Guangzhou city Yingyuan road. Have another name called nine wells. Dig by ZhaoTuo who is the emperor of South Yue according to legend. Its water is heavy and smell is sweet, ZhaoTuo drinks this water, the human body is moist, have at the age of one hundred years old every year, seeing and hearing does not wane. It is said ZhaoTuo has thrown golden cup to this well, the result gets this cup from the crossdrif , calls this well and communicates with crossdrift. South Han monopolize this well, call jade dragon spring, forbid common people to draw water. Ding BaiGui adds nine hole stone well lids who is the office of Fanyu county in Song dynasty, can draw water from every hole at the same time, do not conflict. Nine Yue emperor nine hole well lid incomplete stone remain now, The body of well all build by stone, diameter is 21, the bottom hole is depositted , only 7 meters deep, There are "nine hole stone tablets of ancient well".
Emperor of South Yue mausoleum
Lie in Guangzhou the oneth of liberation road Xianggang mountain. It is the mausoleum of south Yue "emperor of Wen", the second generation of King of Yue State, have a history of more than 2100 years from today. Found in 1983. It is most tomb of stone room of mural painting of previous colored drawing or pattern of Western Han Dynasty of burial articles of the largest scale in the area of south of the Five Ridges. Besides finding 15 sacrifice life for the person, more than 1000 precious historical relics are excavated in the tomb. It is have important value to study development, city's development, south Yue State's history, south of the Five Ridges of area in the period of the Qin Han. Have already built up " the mausoleum museum of emperor of south Yue "now.
Lie in the No. nine under road in Guangzhou. The predecessor is the "west comes to the Buddhist nunnery". The first year of Datong ear of Southern Dynasties (527), Bodhidharma who is famous monk of India, cross sea come China to preach, He is go to the land near the west of Guangzhou, build the "west come to the Buddhist nunnery" in the land place at first, that was more than 1400 years ago. Because Bodhidharma is the first ancestor of China, place that people land at first him call "the west the beginning". The 11th year of Shunzhi in Qing dynasty (1654), the west come Buddhist nunnery extend, rename the temple forest of China, the monks gather, become one of Buddhism five major jungle of Guangzhou at that time in the temple. In a line of light last years, build the 500 arhats hall, arhat's bodily form is lifelike, the posture is different, differ happily and angrily. Can still mould Make Polo image. 500 arhats are destroyed in "the Cultural Revolution", has already repaired now.
Six banyan temples
It is the key Cultural Relic Protection Unit of Guangdong Province. Lie in six banyan ways of Guangzhou. It is beginning construct in the period of Liusong in the Southern Dynasties, first name is the solemn temple of the treasure to firstly appear. The Duangong two years (989 ) changes the name to the net intelligent temple in Northern Song Dynasty. The third years of Song Yuuanfu (1100 ), Sudongbo traveled to here, see old banyan 6 in the temple, Write two words of "six banyan", the descendant is called six banyan temples. The magnificent colorful tower to stand in the middle of tall and upright temple, it build at three year of DaTong originally (537), hide by Master not abundant not covered with clouds from Buddha Buddhist relics that bring inside back abroad. Beginning of Song, the wooden tower is burnt by the fire. ShaoSheng four year of Song build up pavilion brick tower again (1097 ), Red fence green tilt, glazed tile, red post whitewash a wall. Top floor central vertical Yuan Dynasty a thousand Buddha copper post that cast, copper post pass the top of the tower to dress, stop the component running through the tower. Need copper not to make wood, rare in the whole country. There are bronze statues of six grandfathers of Song Dynasty in the temple, the looks was solemn, the clothing line was smooth. There are statues of Buddha of three of copper, Su Dongpo looked like large bamboo or straw hat with a conical crown and broad brim clogs and a batch of ancient tablets, were all precious historical relics.
Lie in Guangzhou city Yingyuan road. Bao XuanJian who is the procurator of the South China Sea, it is exceed yo hillock institute, Change the name as Sanyuan palace in Ming dynasty of Wanli years (Taoism take the sky ,land ,water as three yuan ), it is longest , larger Taoism temple of extant history in Guangzhou. Daughter of BaoXuanzhi Baogu, She take the courtyard grass to cure the disease by the well often. Religious philosophy thinker and scientist GeHong has also cultivated oneself in here, has married Baogu. Sanyuan palace rest on beautiful mountain southern foot , face south. From the three yuan palace in entrance of mountain to Laojun montain rises gradually, seem high and high and grand. Joining and visiting the corridor in front of the hall, it is the clock in both sides of the corridor, four person connected together on the dais of centre of the compound, this is unique in the ancient building of Guangzhou. Have guest hall, dining hall in Buddhist temple, old grandfather hall, Lu grandfather hall ,etc. in the east of the three hall, in the west earthen are bowl hall, new grandfather hall, Bao aunt hall,etc., rebuilt since Qing Dynasty .
Temple of the South China Sea
It is the key Cultural Relic Protection Unit of Guangdong Province. Lie in the temple head village of Huangpu district of Guangzhou. Also called Polo temple, it is the important site of China's ancient overseas traffic trade. King Wen of Sui Dynasty set up shrine offer sacrifices to in the South China Sea to instruct under turning on one year (594 ) such as emperor. Went through and extended rebuilding since the Tang Dynasty, and send officers to hold and hold a memorial ceremony for the allusion quotation on behalf of the emperor every year. In ancient times temple have quay, sea oceangoing ship pass in and out, go to the temple to visit holding a memorial ceremony for according to example, and can trade in Fuxu county nearby the temple. "Ancient maritime Silk Road" taking this as starting point, leads to Southeast Asia, west Asia and east African, reach Europe farther when the Ming and Qing Dynasties, Among them there are many precious materials about "maritime Silk Road" and Guangzhou history. There are the big bronze drum, such important historical relics as the iron and jade carved the south sea God and printed of Ming Dynasty in the Eastern Han Dynasty. There are such ancient and well-known trees as silk cotton trees, ormosia tree ,etc.. There are pavilions on day of bath on the top of west Zhangqiu of the temple. "the Fuxu bath under the sun" is one of eight scenes in Guangzhou. Stand the poem table of "the palace of bathing under the sun" of Sudongbo and the poem table of Chenbai in Ming dynasty.
The Light tower of Huuaisheng temple
It is the key Cultural Relic Protection Unit of Guangdong Province. The Huaisheng temple lie in Guangzhou city Guangta way, it is the first temple after Islam that introduce to China. The ancient here was once the luxuriant workshop where a Arabic businessman lived in concentrated communities. The temple is called cherished holily, is the purpose that the religionist cherishes the memory of the greatest sage of Islam founder Mohammed. It is the important relics of the exchange of friendly visits of China and Arab countries. In the temple door it is watch monthly building, long corridor, stone-tablet pavilion, Book hall, water room, week the hall building to have, the southwest corner stands the famous light tower. The light tower is also called the Huaisheng tower. This is Islam tower, built by laying bricks or stones, appearance is built and wiped with the shell dust of small clam, cylindrical, without level, like the silver pen directs at the skies. By nearly towers of river bank in ancient times, among May and June of every year, the religionist mounted the top of the tower and prayed for the wind news, look at the oceangoing ship of Arabian Sea and take advantage of coming in monsoon.
South Chinese health hill site
Lie in Fanyu of Guangzhou Xinzao town. First grave of five generation era of first emperors' tomb in the South Han. The whole tomb is built by laying bricks or stones with the blue and green grey brick. Have the front room, corridor and behind room, decorate lines of tall and big shape alcove both sides of front room. Tomb carry five certificate join, seal door with heavy blue and green slabstone, firm structure have again. Ming Chongzong nine years (1636), the thunder and lightning open the coffin pit, people enter tomb, see a lot of rare treasures.
Lie Guangzhou city Longjin road the street in front of the pool. It is a temple which enshrines and worships emperor of henwu of Taoism. It is beginning establish in four year of Song(1052), it face south, ,it have head the doors, main hall, nave, back hall, behind floor, the east, Xiwu, dragon post which one pair carved with granite carving at the door. Head door make craft component of wood carving into, carve lucky line decorations, all over constructing the gold color. The top is five mountain breeze volcano walls. Also carving pattern in all Liang Fang's bottom, it is meticulous to carve to workers. The model of the personage, animal is vivid. The wood carving constructs the gold color, make the whole roof beam shelf splendid, is a great characteristic of this building .
Kiln site of west village in Song Dynasty
Lie in emperor's hillock of west village of Guangzhou. Found in 1952, cleared up and explored dragon's remained site of the kiln in 1956, the first part and the concluding paragraph was slightly narrow, the bed sand of the kiln, there are round bank caves in front of the kiln, the fire door of the head of the kiln and burner hearth part stretched into the earth's surface, back segment build by laying bricks or stones in abolish on porcelain pile up, kiln tail has destroy. The products in the kiln of west village belong to bluish white porcelain and shadow celadon. The glaze color takes blue and green glaze as the core, the black sauce glaze takes second place, also have a small amount of low temperature green glaze device. Its product seldom spreads at the domestic continent, but find in the Xisha Islands and Southeast Asia of our country in recent years, also there is a kiln product in west villages handed down from ancient times in Philippine, Indonesia and other places.
Jade rock academy
Lie in the trailing plants hillock scenic spot of Guangzhou. Unbroken mountains and overlaping mountain at the scenic spot, the highest peak is the Luofeng peak, The jade rock study academy is the site of Zhongyuyan of the Southern Song Dynasty to give lectures, red books, hide and carve book of the famous person after Song Dynasty. There are Luofeng peak temples in the east of the academy, have "gargle the jade and listen to the spring" by the temple. Have brick memorial archway, wait celestial platform, flow wine cup stone, jump slope platform, three product stone, light stone, pomegranate fragrant small stream, moonlight night such as floor such as mountain ,etc.. The Luogang scenic spot have long history of planting plums, the plums is in full bloom at end of the year of every year, send out a burst of fragrantly, the white petal drifted with the wind, became special "the snow scenes". "the fragrant snow of Luogang" is one of 8 scenes of Guangzhou, attract numerous Chinese and foreign visitors to go to Luogang "visit plums", "appreciate snow".
Temple of Ho Hsien-ku's family
Lie in the Xiiangui village Xiaolou county Zengcheng city of Guangzhou. Build for before Ming Dynasty, The established times and needed checking. The extant temple was rebuilt in eight years (1858 ) of Xianfeng in Qing Dynasty. The temple is deep three to enter, it is successively the main entrance, visit the pavilion and back hall. It is to brick for stone in building the form lift roof beam type, structure,inside and outside decorate wood, brick, dust unable to carve, fly in the eaves and have the final say and spread all over the birds and flowers, personage's craft, making is meticulous . 5 big characters of horizontal inscribed board stone engraving of the door "the temple of Ho Hsien-ku's house", there are a pair of antithetical couplets: "whether shoe Xie wear red well millennium, one hundred dress visit ancient shrine", vigorous script, it is superb to carve the skill. There is a well in the temple, is commonly called as Ho Hsien-ku well. Still there is a peach on the tile spine of the front stall of the temple, green leaves are whirling, the fruit formed out, people call it peach of immortality.
First floor of south of the Five Ridges
After lying in the back of five celestial temples on the road of Fauci in Guangzhou. Has another name called the bell tower of the taboo, it is a gate tower type building. Province joins and knows of the government affairs Wuangguangyang to be built in the seventh year of the Hongwu in Ming dynasty (1374). It is open and about 17 meters high. The upper strata are the open building of timber on four sides, the level presents the rectangle, the roof beam shelf is thick. Ridgepole bottom have word of " Qing dynasty Qianlong Shushen year In winter" "Rebuild by donation" the golden character. The golden post and stone are vigorous, has the side foot, has the Ming Dynasty customs handed down from the past. The bell tower lower level built by red rocky. It is the construction of Ming dynasty. On the bell tower is hanging 5 ton Ming Dynasty bronze bell, under the clock passes the entry approximately by the square shape shaft under, forms a giant acoustic resonance device. This kind of unique design, may cause the ding to be loud and clear, The sound can hear in ten miles.
North Wall Ruins of the Ming Dynasty
It is the key Cultural Relic Protection Unit of Guangdong Province. The 13th year of the Hongwu reign in Ming dynasty (1380), Yongjia officer Zgukuang gandfather build Guangzhou city, unify Song Dynasty Guangzhou 3 city. Guangzhou city wall the greater part dismantle already, store Zhenhai one section by the floor at the beautiful mountain only. The underpart of the city wall is built by laying bricks or stones for red sandstone and a stone, the top is a blue and green big city brick.
Lie in the east Huifu road in Guangzhou. Buddhism temple. Established in the Ming Dynasty, is originally known as dragons and hide the temple. Burn in the sixth year of Shunzhi in Qing dynasty (1649 ). In spring of the second year of Kangxi (1663 ), the flat south king Shangkexi,etc. to donate some money in the imitative officer's temple of capital of a country in this building of large temple Buddhists. There are head door, bell tower, drum-tower, king's hall and audience hall in the main building. Is it declare Yu pavilion to expand in front of hall the 11th year of Yongzheng in the Qing Dynasty (1733 ), build Weituo hall , blue hall of gal on the side of the hall, And "Buddha border" , the east and west gate of "Buddhist temple ". The model of whole temple is dignified and calm and steady , grand.?
Town God's Temple
Lie in No. four Zhongshan road in Guangzhou. Eshrine and worship the jar temple which defends the city god originally. Established in the early years for reign of Ming Emperor Hongwu, and then through numerous rebuilding, the extant building was the Qing medium style. The original building of Town God's Temple is large-scale, there are outer door, hitting the door, visiting the pavilion, audience hall, corridor Wu, the constellation of the room, feather person's room ,etc.. Only store the audience hall and visit the pavilion now. Visiting the green glazed tiles of the pavilion and having a rest on the mountaintop, eaves posts and gold posts are that the granite wipes the stupefied post of angle. Lifting the roof beam type framework, it is relatively meticulous to carve to workers. Roof beam Fang person who hold up one's head component carve have posture vivid personage, animal, rolls of grass,etc. line kind. Audience hall and visiting the pavilion to protect basically intact.
Hong Xiuquan former residence
It is the key Cultural Relic Unit under State Protection. Lie in the emolument village of the officer of Huadu of Guangzhou. One four mud brick house that separate room link. Hong Xiuquan was born in the source water village of the good fortune of Hua County in the 19th year of Jiaqing (1814 ). The east of the village, there are brick houses of of mud, is called "the study pavilion", it is the place where Hong Xiuquan studied and taught later. The Daoguang 23rd years (1843), HongXiuquan create "visit God can" among village . " rescue generation song by original way " , " original way is it train generation to wake up " work, write in this house. Hong Xiuquan mobilized and rose in revolt in the field village of the Jintian village of Guangxi in 1851, set up "the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom", proclaimed oneself as kings.
Lying on Suzhu hill of the sea pearl district of Guangzhou. It is the famous Taoist temple of Guangzhou,it is called famous scenic spot of "the ancient pine wood spectacular rocky peak,small stream mountain like the draw". The Chunyang temple is built by Taoist priest advocacy Li MingChe, builds up in six years of Daoguang (1826 ). because of Yangfu once lived in here who is scholar in east Han dynasty, CuiQingxian give lectures here, also call Yangfu shrine andQingxian shrine. Extant Buddhism, clever officer hall, visit pavilion, open hall purely, towards fight north platform and some thorough tomb, Wu of corridor and Li Ming of fonder of a religious sect. The door of Chunyang temple with the stone volume of seal character of "Chunyang temple" by Yuamyuan who is governor of Guangdong and Guangxi Provinces, both sides written the stone engraving united of " Lingshan pine ancient foot-path, dishes of bank crossdrift high " by Owner of celestial hall of sea mountain.?
Yu shady mountain room
Lie in the south villages and small towns of Fanyu of Guangzhou. It is one of four major famous gardens "the Ke garden , Liang garden, clear sunshine garden, Yu shady mountain room" in Qing Dynasty of Guangdong, established in Tongzhi three years (1864). Garden absorb courtyard building artistic characteristic of Hangzhou and Suzhou, It is the model of using geometric figure organize scenery of space. The pavilion, platform, pool, hall through veranda, arched bridge, spend foot-path , rockery , enclosure , green shade weave in and dispose in compliance with the tall tree that is built in Garden, the actual situation is echoed. Form undulating twists, Fourth Ring Road deep and serene, latent and light if heavy courtyard structure. Couplet on the door "whether Yu three bend blood rain foot, one green cloud dark shady day", depict characteristic of this garden .
Gulf of the litchi
Locate on the Melt the pool and Li Gulf lake park area up to the present. It is the famous place that go to summer on holiday, Always remarkable with the scenery of "one gulf the light green springs, two sides the red in litchi". Will it be initial stage Western Han Dynasty according to legend, LuJia present with respect Chinese King Wen order south come to Guangzhou to persuade the south Yue king Zhao Tuo return Chinese, have planted litchies here. Tang dynasty has appeared in the famous garden with the litchi "litch garden". Such famous gardens as the litch garden here, celestial hall on the sea mountain, etc. became high official and noble lord's travel famous scenic spot even more in Qing Dynasty. Li Gulf lake park also open up "five beautiful lake" now, reproduce the situation of "white Lotus and red Litchi ", " five beautiful drifting fragrance".
Mountain scenic spot of lotus flower
Lie in the east of Fanyu of Guangzhou. Lotus flower mountain originally called "stone lion head", It is the ancient stone lease, because huge stone that stay like lotus flower when fully open and gain the name after stone field exploit. The working people quarried hard in lots and lots of years, left behind strange stone and different hole for the mountain of the lotus flower, many places have already been formed naturally with the scenic spot of the artificial unique model. Like the lotus flower stone, swallow rock, the Eight Immortals rock, eagle rock, fall lotus cave heaven, three float piles of screen-like mountain peak, South-Sky Gate, scaling ladder, stone corridor, stone peak, bottomless pit, Still build the ancient lotus flower tower to the 40th year of the Wanli reign period of the Ming Dynasty (1612 ) and build the lotus flower ancient city in the third year of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty (1664 ) on the mountain, it is a military camp of Qing dynasty .
Hot spring scenic spot of Conghua
One of the famous scenic spots of Guangzhou. Lie in hot spring Town of Conghua in place of 75 kilometers in the north of Guangzhou. Originally called "the blue and green tap", and then gain the name because the spring is warm. As far back as the thirties, here was the tourist attraction that had won fame both at home and abroad, there are green wave bridge, verdant pavilion, green small stream, north small stream, one hundred Zhang of cliffside waterfall, Tian lake ,etc. in the famous beauty spot. Have grand big stone rock and mountain and small stream waterfall, form rosy clouds steam fog winding, spectacular beautiful scenery.